Founded in 1990 out of an industrial group, Investindustrial provide industrial expertise, operational focus, long term capital and global platforms to accelerate value creation and international expansion for its portfolio companies.
Who We Are
Founded in 1990 out of an industrial group and with €6.8 billion of raised fund capital, Investindustrial is one of Europe's leading independent investment groups focused on taking control positions predominantly in Southern European medium-sized companies that are leaders in their fields.
A Unique Team
Investindustrial has a team of more than 100 professionals representing fifteen nationalities who are based across its offices in Switzerland, Spain, United Kingdom, United States, Luxembourg, and China. Investindustrial has dedicated functional specialists who support the Firm’s investment activity:
- Business development professionals commit valuable advisory, globalisation, operational and change management experience and resources to support the development strategies of portfolio companies.
- A digitalisation team based in New York who works with the advisory teams and portfolio companies to assess any risks and opportunities in traditional companies due to the changing technological landscape and therein to develop digitalisation strategies.
- An equity markets team provides the required expertise for Investindustrial to continue sourcing and exiting portfolio companies in a public markets context.
- A debt markets team in charge of arraigning competitive refinancing and acquisition debt facilities.
- An investor relations and syndication team which remains engaged with high-quality institutional investors and enables Investindustrial to work proactively with limited partners in between fundraisings.
- An ESG team focused on developing best-in-class sustainable solutions with the aim of creating enduring value for the portfolio companies.
What We Offer
Investindustrial provides industrial expertise, operational focus, long term capital and global platforms to accelerate value creation and international expansion in addition to improve operational efficiency for its portfolio companies.
How We Operate
Investindustrial operates with an entrepreneurial and industrially-driven approach through independently managed investment holding and advisory companies with strong sector and industrial expertise.
The general partners and investment managers, as applicable, manage the funds in the interest of the limited partners and therefore in an autonomous and independent manner from the other group companies. Investments and divestments are made (and shares in portfolio companies are held) by the applicable investment or holding company. Decisions over investments and divestments, including the exercise of the voting rights over the shares of the portfolio companies, are made by the applicable investment or holding company board of directors in an autonomous and independent manner from the other group companies, and in adherence with the applicable corporate governance rules and by-laws. It is the responsibility of the management of each portfolio company to operate the company on a day-to-day basis.